- Expand intergenerational interactions with a Vibrancy Program that documents stories, creates virtual/in-person events & celebrates the continuing stories of our elders.
- Highlight the DFTA agency support programs, like Rent Freeze.
- Protect or expand the financial protections of the Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption (SCRIE) and the Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage (EPIC).
- Promote and amplify North Crown Heights' Naturally Occurring Retirement Community (NORC) status.
- Expand the food security programs with local vendors, CBOs and NYC agencies -- warm dishes and produce allotments.
- Develop, with the CIty Council and DFTA, an enforcement arm of the agency designed to proactively ensure senior facilities are safe, secure and managed in the interests of the residents and participant elders.
- Expand protections for elder homeowners from predatory real estate practices.
- Engaging electeds to pursue bills to expand the enforcement powers of DFTA, to proactively protect our seniors. In manners an ombudsman cannot.
- Providing warm meals and produce to district senior facilities.
- Continuing to delivering PPE, handwarmers & sanitizer to seniors
- Listening to elder leaders & neighbors discuss their physical and emotional needs to present to current electeds.
- Developing a Vibrancy with local organizations, like a Virtual Yoga program, to help our sheltering-in-place elders stay active.