- Create a new, independent auditing body, creating a pathway to accessing the NYPD’s budget
- Assess operational inefficiencies within the budget and divest from those areas
- Collect accurate data on dispatches, seizures, services rendered to private entities etc
- With the reduction of the NYPD budget, allocate those resources to CBOs and other entities that have a direct impact within their respective communities.
- CCRB Director becomes an elected position, not installed by Board
- Work with District Attorneys to create dedicated Police Misconduct divisions, in each jurisdiction
- Distribute panel findings to Mayor’s Office of Investigation, City Council’s Committee on Public Safety, District Attorney with jurisdiction and Police Commissioner’s Office
- Co-founded the activist collective Warriors in the Garden, to protest police brutality & misconduct. Notably, in June, we organized marches specifically calling for the repeal 50-A.
- Presented at the panel discussion “Against Police Brutality” hosted by The Hells Kitchen Democrats and the NAACP -- along with Jerika Richardson, Senior Advisor to NYC CCRB.
- Raised and allocated nearly $15,000 to Brooklyn-based anti-violence & community-minded organizations like Save Our Streets and Universe City.
- Testified at a City Council hearing in support of bill T2020-6872 Homeless Outreach, which would prioritize social services professionals as first responders. Continuing to interact with the City Council on the bill. (find the link to video on the city council website).
- Testified in support of Female Genital Mutilation & Cutting (FGM + C): Intro 1828 and Intro 6774, which called for the creating of a task force to fight the practices of FGM + C.