- Partnering with local businesses & CBOS to create intra-community job opportunities for youth, specifically those who have a history with the SYEP program.
- Expand SYEP funding and access to funding for CBOs in the district
- Lobby for the creation of jobs for NYCHA residents and encourage local hiring and job-seeking
- Mom and pop
- Regional/local mid-sized firms
- Teaching artists
- Community Center Counselors
- Mediation & de-escalators
- Harm reduction specialists
- Partner with Community Based Organizations to create more job attainment programs and training
- Raising the awareness of union Jobs within the district. Providing constituents with portals to find jobs supported by a robust union.
- Repost civil service, guild and union jobs
- Raising awareness of trade schools and apprenticeships
- Through this program, we would also create an apprentice program that would incentivize youth throughout the district to enter a progressive working field.
Require small businesses to inform employers of health insurance options: firm directed or government based.
- Creating new civil service positions for DFTA through legislation
- Enforcement agents who will review, report and recommend senior facilities. And this division should fall under DC37 - Professional.
- Encouraging gig work and jobs in the arts
- Raise awareness of NYFA and other opportunities
- Raise awareness of Open Culture for creatives & artists
- Testifiied to support the creation artist certification process, but emphasized the importance of including the cultural and artistic disciplines of POC communities & non-traditional artforms.
- Using local businesses to support their employees.
- Working with union shops for merchandise & print materials.