- Reduce or eliminate surprise medical bills.
- Support the New York Health Act.
- Work to build at least one more hospital in the district.
- Continue the mandate to insure all New Yorkers with a reliable and affordable health care plan
- Ensure the health care plans include dental, eye-care and mental health support. Provide special attention to preventative care, including food security and access for all ages.
- Further fight infant and birth-mother fatality rates. This includes continuing to public support doula and midwives. Continuing and expanding healthy awareness and promotions for expecting mothers and lactation stations.
- Fight to increase salaries for frontline workers across health and medical industries while working to provide the best facilities and protective gear/practices.
- “Healthy NY” tax credit: Some of the leading co-morbidities associated with COVID-19 have been diet-related, such as diabetes and obesity. In order to incentivize healthy behavior I propose a “Healthy NY” tax credit, which would allow any New Yorker who qualifies for the EITC to get an additional $500 return on their City income taxes by achieving a number of health milestones throughout the year.
- We helped facilitate the distribution of over 6000 masks to our neighbors
- I have testified in front of the Council to support Int. 1828-2019, ending FGM in the city of New York and holding the mayor's office accountable to enforce the law
- Support the Maternal Mortality Crisis proposals to reduce infant and maternal mortality rates