- Advocate or legislate the end of subminimum wage for industries not in compliance with state regulations. I pledge to work with my colleagues in the New York State & Senate to organize and support legislation that guarantees ALL New Yorkers at least the minimum wage.
- I will partner with the state, city, community and private businesses to train and expand employment opportunities for the disabled
- I will protect access-a-ride and work to expand the affordable services/providers
Advocate or legislate the permanence of $3 access and free access to cultural institutions, privately or publicly funded.
- Fund new infrastructure developments and retrofit existing space to accommodate the disabled
- Work with State legislators and MTA to expand station accessibility
- Elevators access for elevated stations
- Elevators access for below-ground
- Ramps at ground level stations
- Advocate for expansion of vaccine eligibility for the disabled and provide the option of at home vaccinations for our vulnerable & immobile.
- Expand disabled parking spots and increase the amount of available permits.
- Implement flexible scheduling and staffing for New York City jobs.
- Enact citywide housing policy, through legislation, that obligates developers to build with accessibility in mind and execution. Support developers already accommodating the disabled to build accessible entrances for their tenants.
- Fund the implementation of Local Law 51.
- Improve supportive learning services, increase funding for students with disabilities and acquire more funding for district 75 schools.
- Increase funding and awareness for available grants and programs to fund small businesses wishing to build accessibility upgrades.
- Vaccination awareness program for Disabled neighbors.
- Providing surgical masks to District 75 schools in or near Council District 36.