- Support the legalizing marijuana, for medicinal and recreational purposes
- Advocate to reduce, commute and expunge non-violent marijuana offences; keeping in line with and expanding already established law
- Allocate funds to create industry grants supporting marijuana-related enterprises such as indoor marijuana cultivation facilities, distribution and consumption (smoke shops, “coffeeshops” & dispensaries). The grants will focus on communities most affected by the war on drugs.
More transitional housing for newly released non violent Rikers Island inmates; and, possibly, state-released non-violent.
- Co-founded the activist collective Warriors in the Garden, to protest police brutality & misconduct. Notably, in June, we organized marches specifically calling for the repeal 50-A.
- Presented at the panel discussion “Against Police Brutality” hosted by The Hells Kitchen Democrats and the NAACP -- along with Jerika Richardson, Senior Advisor to NYC CCRB.
- Raised and allocated nearly $15,000 to Brooklyn-based anti-violence & community-minded organizations like Save Our Streets and Universe City.
- Testified at a City Council hearing in support of bill T2020-6872 Homeless Outreach, which would prioritize social services professionals as first responders. Continuing to interact with the City Council on the bill. (find the link to video on the city council website).
- Testified in support of Female Genital Mutilation & Cutting (FGM + C): Intro 1828 and Intro 6774, which called for the creating of a task force to fight the practices of FGM + C.